Question

New Sonos One, setting up Alexa: voice services "Not available in your country"

• 19 December 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +2
I'm in the US, and as far as I know there's no VPN funny business going on with our router.

I just submitted diagnostics 8239702

Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you confirm that the Amazon account that you are logged into is a US account and that you are logging in via Amazon.com?
Badge +2
Well, the thing is I’m not logged into amazon at all because amazon won’t appear in the services list. (Our Sonos account online is showing the US flag for location btw)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Well, the thing is I’m not logged into amazon at all because amazon won’t appear in the services list. (Our Sonos account online is showing the US flag for location btw)

Sorry I meant on ANY app?
Userlevel 7
I'm in the US, and as far as I know there's no VPN funny business going on with our router.

Help!

You say "there's no VPN funny business going on with our router". So are you using a VPN or not? If so are you masking your location to appear elsewhere which may be another country. If that is the case your VPN is doing what it's suppose to do; but the site you're trying to access is fooled as well, prompting the "Voice Services Not Available in Your Country"
Badge +2

Sorry I meant on ANY app?

Yes - logged in amazon.com via safari and via amazon app - both logged in with my US (only) account credentials
Badge +2

Help!

You say "there's no VPN funny business going on with our router". So are you using a VPN or not? If so are you masking your location to appear elsewhere which may be another country. If that is the case your VPN is doing what it's suppose to do; but the site you're trying to access is fooled as well, prompting the "Voice Services Not Available in Your Country"

Meaning I never set up any VPN stuff - I don’t know anything about that. Our service was simply setup via Time Warner here in Los Angeles.

I only bring that up thinking if someone messed with our router etc that I don’t know about
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you please log out of the other Amazon related apps and then follow the steps I've listed within the Answer to this post. Let us know how far you get:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Userlevel 7

Help!

Meaning I never set up any VPN stuff - I don’t know anything about that. Our service was simply setup via Time Warner here in Los Angeles.

I only bring that up thinking if someone messed with our router etc that I don’t know about

UKMedia may have resolved your issue. However, just to be clear...

A VPN application is not resident on your router. A VPN (which stands for Virtual Private Network) is an application that resides on the device you are using. That said if you are using a PC the VPN application would activate each time you start your system (in most cases). Some company's like Norton provide a VPN app for your PC and other smart devices.

So.... is there anyone in your household with whom you share your devices (PC, tablet etc) that may have installed a VPN application on them? Just asking :?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Help!

According to this diagnostic, the system is registered in Australia. Are you sure that's the correct diagnostic number?

When you log into the Sonos website, check under your account details to see what you Sonos ID is. Compare that with the number you see under Settings > About Sonos in your Sonos app. My guess is your system is registered to a different email than the one you're signing in here with. In that case, you'll need to either log in with that account's credentials and correct your country registration, or in the Sonos app, Settings > My Sonos Account and click Transfer Sonos to new account.