Need to tell Alexa twice to play flash briefing

• 23 July 2018
  • 9 replies

I'm currently having an issue with Amazon Alexa with Sonos whereby I need to tell Alexa twice to "listen to the news" in order for Alexa to play flash briefing on my Sonos One. Telling Alexa once will not play flash briefing

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I have the same issue - It says "playing your flash briefing" then lists the name of the source "playing news from RNZ" and then nothing happens. It is only when I ask a second time (oh the humanity) that my flash briefing plays.
Same here, it wasn't like that in the beginning. Listening to Norwegian news from NRK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, guys. Would you all be so kind as to provide your location (city, country and state- where applicable), as well as a diagnostic confirmation number? This may require some feedback to Amazon.
Just out of interest, do any of you have a Dot etc.? Is the behaviour identical on the alternate device?

By the way, if you are not comfortable disclosing your location, you are welcome to send it to me in a direct message.
Hi Edward

My location is Wellington, New Zealand (we don’t have states). Diagnostics number 1741372100
I live in Kristiansand, Norway. Diagnostics nr 1345987832. I have a dot that was disconnected, after plugging it in again the flash briefing worked fine, both on the dot and my different sonos one speakers. It always worked no matter if I tried the sonos or the dot first (and I tried over a couple of days). Today I unplugged the echo dot and now again I have to ask for flash briefing twice (I just say "news"). The diagnostics are from just now with the echo dot disconnected. I do still have an echo spot online (but haven't used it in a while)..
Userlevel 1
Same vey annoying problem which has been ongoing for months. I'm in Victoria, BC, Canada. Sonos One (two of them)
Same here, Copenhagen Denmark
I’m having this problem as well. ATL, GA. 2128909097
My issue seems to have been resolved. Bravo Sonos.