Answered

need to link speakers

• 17 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi

we just got a dot and we are trying to link it to our Sonos play1, I am getting an error at the songs login each time.

When I start to add the Skill I login to the Amazon side, it then takes me to the Sonos login. when I login to that I get this error

Add your Sonos speakers to your account
You need to link speakers to r******@********.co.uk before you can add this skill.
Go to More > Settings > Sonos Account in the Sonos app to link your speakers. (If you don't see Sonos Account, your Sonos system needs an update.)
Sign in with a different account
I've fixed the problem

The Sonos is up to date (done today) and I can see the device in the Sonos account and manage it through the website and phone app so I don't see why it thinks I need to add a device.

I have tried this on my phone and via the Alexa website, using two different browsers

I can't get past this, can anyone help?

Cheers

Tom
icon

Best answer by paperclip_tech 17 July 2018, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Are you using the same email as your Sonos account is linked to? Also, please check that your address details are correct in www.sonos.com profile.
the email address was the same, but I had left the postal address empty before, I filled it in and now I can like the system so all is working.

no sure why I would need a postal address to enable Alexa to link but there you go

Cheers

Tom
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
the email address was the same, but I had left the postal address empty before, I filled it in and now I can like the system so all is working.

no sure why I would need a postal address to enable Alexa to link but there you go

Cheers

Tom

It's because Alexa checks to see if you are using the device in a supported country. 🙂