• 2 replies

my microphone comes on and off beeping and i can’t figure out to stop this

icon

Best answer by Lear24 13 March 2024, 13:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Lear24, welcome to the Sonos Community!

So the community and I can offer assistance, we’ll need more details on what exactly is happening.

Which speaker do you have that is having issues? Does the beeping sound like one of the touch buttons being pressed or does it sound like the voice assistant has heard their wake word and is listening for a command?

The touch buttons can be quite sensitive, so cleaning them can help prevent issues where the touch buttons would constantly trigger. We have a guide for cleaning Sonos products with more information. Removing and re-adding the voice assistant to Sonos could also help resolve the issue.

If the above doesn’t help and there isn’t any further advice the community can offer, then I would recommend submitting a diagnostics and then contacting our support team with the reference number. They have the necessary tools available to look into your system and see what it causing this issue, and help resolve it with you.

I hope this helps!

Thank you very much. I figured the issue out is that for some reason the arc speaker which was linked at the time with Alexa, was the problem

turned Alexa off, and the microphone stopped going on and off un commanded