Question

Music will not play

• 7 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Spotify and Tune In will not play on my Sonos 

I have switched router and have Deco M5

All was fine

Now Alexa is working When I say play xxx It says XXX from Spotify. However silence

I can control the speakers and play Spotify from the phone app. Alexa works for other skills

I've deleted apps skills etc many times I've rebooted speakers and reconnect to network

Very frustrating for such an expensive item 

Help needed

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Boxman.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting step that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

• When asking Alexa to play music, the song will begin playing from Alexa’s default music service unless you specify a different service in your command. Learn how to set or change your default music service here.
  • You can add “in the (room name)” to the end of your commands if you want to play music in a specific room. Otherwise, the music should play on the speaker that responded to your request.
  • If you’re giving a command to Sonos using an Alexa-enabled device like an Echo Dot, you’ll need to include the room name in your command unless your Sonos speaker is part of an Alexa group.
  • Kindly check if the voice service is still registered on the devices using the Sonos app: Settings tab > Services & Voice > Amazon Alexa > Select the room > (choose the option) Add Amazon Alexa
  • For more information and suggestions, please refer to this article that provides steps to resolve issues with Alexa not following commands or not responding at all.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when it happens and provide us with the confirmation number, so I can see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please see my post here.

Hi I've all that

Sonos says playing songs by the police by Spotify but then nothing happens

The same with TuneIn

Reading reviews it seems many people are having the same issue. Obviously something is wholesale wrong.

As I and lots of people say for such an excellent speaker the app is clunky and let's Sonos down

I will try and submit a report