Answered

Music service does start/ stop using voice control.

• 21 January 2021
  • 6 replies

I cannot request Alexa to start /stop a music service from iheart radio. I can manually select it from my phone. All other voice controls work. Eg timers, volume up / down and questions.

I have reinstalled voice control several times with no fix.

Any help work be greatly appreciated 

Leigh

icon

Best answer by Paul A 23 January 2021, 16:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Waiting on an answer because I’m having the same issue..

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Leigh101.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and for going the extra mile of starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. Allow me to help you by sharing some information.

Allow me to recommend the following guides and please do follow accordingly.

1. Check the might status on your Sonos beam make sure it has a solid white light and not solid green light, Solid green light means it is on mute.
  2. Check microphone status. above the microphone logo on top of the beam, there should be a little white dot light and it should show a steady solid white light. If it has no white light, means the microphone is turned off.
  3. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  4. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  5. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  6. Open the Sonos App.
  7. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  8. Force close Sonos app.
  9. Force close the Alexa App.
  10. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  11. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  12. Register Sonos speaker
  13. Add music service.
  14. Test to check if it works.
  15. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes and keep us posted here in the community.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @cabre678.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I would like to suggest the same steps as what I have provided above.

Hi @Leigh101.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and for going the extra mile of starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. Allow me to help you by sharing some information.

Allow me to recommend the following guides and please do follow accordingly.

1. Check the might status on your Sonos beam make sure it has a solid white light and not solid green light, Solid green light means it is on mute.
  2. Check microphone status. above the microphone logo on top of the beam, there should be a little white dot light and it should show a steady solid white light. If it has no white light, means the microphone is turned off.
  3. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  4. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  5. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  6. Open the Sonos App.
  7. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  8. Force close Sonos app.
  9. Force close the Alexa App.
  10. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  11. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  12. Register Sonos speaker
  13. Add music service.
  14. Test to check if it works.
  15. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Thanks Paul,

That worked fine .

Cheers

Leigh

I should add I believe the fault was within the Alexa app. It had lost my access to my devices and I had to reset the Sonos skill by disable/ enable.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Leigh101.

Thanks for the update and good news.

I’m glad that everything worked out. It may be a glitch, having the Alexa app and Sonos handshake be confused of the other Amazon related apps installed on the device. Getting the Sonos Skill disable and re-enable gets the Sonos and Alexa handshake renewed. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have any other questions or concerns. We are all here to work together in the community.

Thanks,