"Music Playing On Another Device" error

• 30 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Kept getting the music already playing on another device error. Alexa would say she would play, but no audio comes out.
Also sometimes she would only play one song then stop.

The cure was to go into the Sonos app, and in the "My Sonos", where the song title is at the bottom of the screen, keep hitting the play button, even if there is no song listed there.

Various songs kept popping up, along with the "playing on another device error", but after repeatedly pressing play, and all the backlog of songs had cleared, all is working OK now.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
OK... spoke to soon.

Now back to Alexa saying "Here's a station you might like playing on living room", but no audio.

Tried clearing any songs stuck somewhere as before, but this time it didn't work.

Now I get the "Amazon Music is streaming on another device" error, and also a "Service Error" on the app.

(Only one room created with 2 Sonos Ones working in a stereo pair)

Buggy as a bugs birthday party...
Check your smart devices in the Alexa app and make sure there are no duplicate names. If there are, name them something unique and rediscover devices.
Userlevel 2
Badge
There are no duplicate names... It is a bug in the software...
How did you resolve this issue? I have 2 Sonos play with Alexa integration. This issue just started for me yesterday after it was working seamlessly for a month.
Just started having the same issue after one day. Anyone know a solution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just started having the same issue after one day. Anyone know a solution?

Please follow the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16210022