Answered

Music cutting out in one zone using spotify

• 23 May 2018
  • 2 replies

I'm currently using an Alexa dot in my kitchen with my sonos and i have just bought a sonos one for another room. They are both using alexa ok BUT if i ask the Kitchen alexa to play something from spotify in the other room it will stop the spotify track playing in the kitchen. And vice versa. It doesn't do it if im, say, playing something from tune-in the kitchen and ask it to play something from spotify in the other room - the radio keeps playing ok in the kitchen. Not sure why its stopping the music? Spotify is working fine on all my speakers if i do it through the sonos app so no conflict between speakers. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 24 May 2018, 09:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Normally Spotify will only allow streaming to one device simultaneously from one Spotify account. Sonos can stream Spotify to multiple devices in the Sonos App but Spotify will terminate previous streaming if you initiate a different song via voice control to different devices.
Thanks for the reply and clarification.
Tim