Question

Multiple users on Sonos

• 14 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Just got and set up a Sonos One. Can I add Sonos and Alexa apps on my wife’s phone for her to use the system? If so should she use the same user and password as I use on the Sonos and Alexa apps or set up her own, and then would it automatically access the existing Sonos system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just got and set up a Sonos One. Can I add Sonos and Alexa apps on my wife’s phone for her to use the system? If so should she use the same user and password as I use on the Sonos and Alexa apps or set up her own, and then would it automatically access the existing Sonos system?

Yes, this is easy to do but your wife must use the same accounts login details. For the Sonos app, the first time your wife opens the app it will search and connect to your Sonos system. For the Alexa app, there have been some issues if other Amazon apps are logged into a different Amazon account so be careful with that.

To use Sonos, your wife only really needs the Sonos App.
This Is a flawed system. So you have to share Spotify accounts as well? In fact everyone in the household has to merge their music choices and playlists. Fundamentally Flawed. You've made it too complicated Sonos. It's just a speaker. We don't need accounts. We just need the speaker to play our music. I'll have to get a Bluetooth speaker for the kitchen rather than a Sonos speaker for each person who lives here so they can play their music when they use the kitchen. Madness.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This Is a flawed system. So you have to share Spotify accounts as well? In fact everyone in the household has to merge their music choices and playlists. Fundamentally Flawed. You've made it too complicated Sonos. It's just a speaker. We don't need accounts. We just need the speaker to play our music. I'll have to get a Bluetooth speaker for the kitchen rather than a Sonos speaker for each person who lives here so they can play their music when they use the kitchen. Madness.

You only need to do this for the account specific Playlists.