Answered

Microphone Sonos ONE

• 9 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I have just added another Sonos ONE to my collection. I now have 3 in total. When adding the last ONE, the microphone button is inactive. I have reset the speaker, the whole system and still nothing. I have enabled and disabled the skill in Alexa etc, but nothing seems to work. To add to the mystery, when resetting the system, one of my other ONE's has now got the same problem; a totally inactive microphone button. Any ideas? Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by DDavies 9 August 2019, 16:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

After adding the new Sonos One, did you ask 'Alexa, Discover devices'? Can you check that you don't have any duplicate device names within the Alexa App?
I did that thanks, but it didn't resolve the issue.
However, I have since found the problem, which was down to me I am afraid.
I had not enabled Voice services on the Sonos app for the new speaker. Path - More/Room Settings/"speaker name"/VOICE SERVICES.
I thought it did it all automatically, but am now wise to fact. Hope this helps anyone else.
Badge

Thanks for posting , this helped me as I just added a 3rd Sonos One and had the same problem. My path was under Settings/Services/Voice then I selected Amazon Alexa , added my new speaker and voila ! 

Thank you for posting. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the microphone wasn’t working. Your answer worked like a charm!