Question

Microphone Sensor Pad Not Working (Sonos One)

• 6 December 2017
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos One and can't get Alexa to work. I cannot get the microphone button on the top to light up, no matter what I press or for how long. Any help please

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a Sonos One and can't get Alexa to work. I cannot get the microphone button on the top to light up, no matter what I press or for how long. Any help please

To switch the mic on or off just press the mic symbol on the top of the Sonos One, you don't need to hold the button. (The mic light is a small round white light just below the mic symbol which should toggle on and off to show the status.) If you can't get the light on then I suspect you have a defective unit and you'll need to replace it.
Badge +1
Same issue.
Probably not the issue, but just to confirm. Have you gone through the steps to link your Sonos account to Alexa or Google account? The mic won't turn on till that's done.

If you have Alexa connected but she disabled your microphone go to:

sono app

services/add a service/amazon Alexa 

alexa will add all the speakers you choose and the microphones will be enabled!

good luck!

Same issue. Above worked. Thank you!   I was ready to box it up and ship it back!!