Question

Microphone sensitivity

• 30 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
My new Sonos one is exactly where my dot used to sit. The Sonos doesn’t hear my calls as well as the dot did and the chime volume is low. I’ve looked for adjustments but haven’t seen any. What can we do to adjust sensitivity?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sonos has stated they are still adjusting the microphones for optimum sensitivty, and your input is being noted. Expect it to improve as the skill learns more about your usage.
There is another thread with many posts on the very same subject.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I picked up 3 sonos ones to replace my 3 google homes today as i was looking forward to the better sound quality (my actual google home was pretty good but i had one full sized home and two home mini's, the sound quality on the mini's wasnt great). Aside from being hugely disapointed in Alexa as compared to google assistant, i am finding the sonos ones mics are not picking me up as well as my google homes did.. I worry that this will still be an issue by the time google assistant comes to the device and then ill find myself past the return period..

Is there a more narrowed date for the google assistant integration then sometime in 2018 yet?
Userlevel 2
Badge