Answered

Manage sonos gen1 and gen2 with Alexa

• 28 December 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor II
  • 4 replies

Hello all,

i have a question since i have home both sonos gen 1 and  gen 2 and distinct sonos networks.

I would like to manage my old sonos gen 1 with an Alexa DOT in a dedicated room and manage all the sonos gen 2 with another alexa DOT in another room.

My question is : Is it possible ?

When i try to install the sonos plugin for Alexa, I have to chose between sonos network 1 or 2.

Thank you for your support

icon

Best answer by controlav 28 December 2021, 19:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think you will need two Amazon accounts, and pair one to each Sonos system. This was certainly required when I last messed with Alexa a while ago: there has to be a 1-1 mapping between Amazon account and Sonos household id. Things might have changed since then, but it sounds like it hasn’t.

Yes, when you install the Sonos Skill you have to choose a Sonos system - see attached screenshot.

You can’t choose both Sonos systems, so whilst you can use one Sonos Account, you will need two Amazon Alexa Accounts (one for each Sonos Household) - in my own use-case I have opted to use the Google Assistant instead for my secondary S1 system.

ty for your quick answers :) I will try soon and get back here.

Regards