Question

Lost device

• 9 March 2018
  • 3 replies

I changed the name of one of my device's in Sonos but then it was not linking to my smarthings nor Alexa app. So I deleted the device in smarthings and Alexa. However I am unable to now discover the device. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling apps, rebooting the Sonos device in question and rebooting the router.i have another device which is fine and if I delete this other device and rediscover Alexa discovers it. I'm not sure how to connect my second device back to Alexa or smarthings. Can someone please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Please follow the steps in the Answer to this post and let us know how you get on:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16210022
Userlevel 7
Hi llbrown25

There is a sequence you need to follow when rebooting routers, uninstalling Sonos & Alexa apps and/or removing Sonos components. Here is my suggestion:

1. Remove all Sonos Componets from Alexa:
1a. Go-to Smart Home > Open each device > Disable it > Click the Trash Can > Confrim that you want to remove the device
1b. Go-to Skills > Disable the Sonos Skill
1c. Don’t delete the Alexa app_only do so it this does not correct your issue which means you’ll repeat all steps.
2. Delete the Sonos App
3. Unplug All Sonos products
4. Unplug all wired and wireless products connected to your router
5. Unplug your router
6. Unplug your modem
7. Plug-in your Modem (let it come back)
8. Plug-in your router (let it come back)
9. Re-install the Sonos app
10. Bring all Sonos back one-by one_make sure they are all named as separate devices then create stereo pairs and/or bonding as necessary (start with Boost component if using boost mode otherwise setup using Wi-Fi)
11. Enable Alexa in Sonos
12. Bring back wireless devices one-by one
13. Bring back wired devices one-by-one
14. Enable the Sonos skill in Alexa app
15. Ask Alexa to discover devices

Post back and let us know if this resolved your issue(s).

Cheers!
@ukmedia, thanks for the link, point 2 worked for me. @AjTrek1 thanks but I think it's sorted now. Only needed to disable the skill. Sure I did this previously but over the moon now.