Answered

location setting for weather - I don't know your location

• 20 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi all

I have two sonos ones with "alexa" both of them did use to tell me the weather in St.Helier Jersey. But recently neither of them do this, I just get "I don't know your location, in future you can go to the App and add your complete address for your device"

So we did this on the app, but still no joy. So we contacted amazon (as the sonos was working) they told us a few things to try which we did, but still nothing. They then told us to deregister both devices and they would sort it their end, and that just made things much worse, when we said "alexa" it just said that I'm having trouble understanding please try again later. Amazon where no help with what they had caused! and said to contact sonos, but as we said its an issue with alexa, they could not sort out our know, dead in the water sonos.

So we did a factory reset, and we are back to square one....so does anyone know how we can get it to give us the weather in St Helier Jersey?

thanks
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 21 March 2018, 10:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Please try using the PC app (https://alexa.amazon.co.uk) and select Settings>{Your Amazon Enabled Play:1}>General.

Is your correct address listed against 'Device Location'?

(This sometimes can be corrected by the PC app when the Android and iOS apps fail)
Hi UKmedia

Thanks for the advice, I have tried doing this via our Mac, but it won’t save any of the changes I make to our location!

Other thing we have noticed was our flash briefing was not working, “I’m having trouble playing your feed” but on the Alexa app if we turn off the Alexa weather it works.

I guess that an update must have changed something, as it did use to work.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Under Alexa App>Settings you will see two devices for each Sonos One (One will be the Sonos Room Name and the other will end with 'Amazon Alexa Enabled PLAY:1') Can you try saving the device location on both?

The other thing to check is to Disable and then Enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills