Question

Language change has removed my access to Amazon Music and Apple Music

• 15 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi guys,

I am an English speaker based in Germany.

I setup the Sonos one with my existing Sonos network. It all worked beautifully in English (i could control my lights and music (both itunes and amazon music) . The only issue was from the fact that Amazon Alexa Skills were not in English. So I followed advice and changed my content settings in Amazon account to US.com. This ensured my Alex skills are now in English rather than German which is great.

Now when I ask ask Sonos Alex 1 to play music, it either says that my Amazon music is not configured or it cannot find music by any of the artists i ask for. It will also not connect to Apple music.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Worth noting my amazon and apple music services are playing via the normal phone app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Before you changed the account settings, did you try changing the wake language?

Open the Sonos app on an Android or iOS device and select Settings>Room Settings, then select your Sonos 1 and Under Voice Services>login. You'll then see the Wake Word Language setting. Change this to English (UK)