Answered

Japanese Amazon Alexa

• 17 July 2022
  • 5 replies

I have been living in Japan for years and have had no problem using my America Amazon account to connect to Alexa, but I have decided that I would like to use my Japanese Amazon account for more relevant local information on my new Echo 15 screen.  In preparation for moving over, I deregistered and deleted all my Sonos devices from my American account and changed my Sonos address to my Japanese address.  But no matter what I try, the Sonos app continues to default to the NA url (North America I assume?) server for Amazon login.  My Japanese account obviously wasn’t recognized there.  I tried adding Alexa in the Sonos app using a new iPad with no Amazon apps installed hoping that the Sonos app would pick a server based on IP only, with no influence from other signed in apps, but that didn’t work.  Are there any other suggestions for forcing the Sonos app to a certain Amazon login page?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 July 2022, 03:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Maybe try installing the Amazon Alexa App on your new iPad and log that App into your local Japan account.

Also just ensure the Country setting drop-down in your Sonos profile HERE is set to Japan too and then try adding the Amazon Alexa Assistant to your Sonos Speaker.

I am facing the same issue. Even after setting Japan as country in my Sonos profile, Sonos always redirects to Amazon US login page when attempting to add Amazon Music from within the Sonos app. Tried with using phone and the Mac version but there is no difference. Anyone else who has suggestions?

I am facing the same issue. Even after setting Japan as country in my Sonos profile, Sonos always redirects to Amazon US login page when attempting to add Amazon Music from within the Sonos app. Tried with using phone and the Mac version but there is no difference. Anyone else who has suggestions?

Sounds like a country setting in the Amazon Alexa App - maybe check that App and ensure it’s also logged into your Japanese Amazon account.

Sounds like a country setting in the Amazon Alexa App - maybe check that App and ensure it’s also logged into your Japanese Amazon account.

Please note I am trying to add Amazon music service, not the Alexa voice control, in my Sonos app. Nevertheless even if I try to change the country in my Alexa App to Japan, I am still facing the same issue. Any other idea?

Ah sorry, yes I was thinking of Alexa, my mistake.

I can’t assist further as in the case of Amazon Music I would have expected your online Sonos profile to have resolved your issue, but even though I’m based in the U.K. I am also directed to authorise my AM service via amazon.com rather than amazon.co.uk and it still works okay in my case. So not sure is that assists you? If not, maybe speak with Amazon customer services to see if they can perhaps resolve the matter for you.