Question

Issues with Sonos Ones for Multiple Family Members

• 9 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
I have a playbar, sub, and two sonos ones acting as surrounds in my living room. The devices that I have in my living room would be considered mine. However, I also have two sonos ones in each of my kids bedrooms. Each of these belong to my kids and they need to be able to have their Alexa Profile assigned to their sonos one for many different reasons. When I setup these speakers for my kids it automatically signs in under my Amazon Alexa profile and it will not allow me to change it. So now my kids are unable to ask Alexa to play their own playlists through Spotify because it is linked to my account. They also don't have access to any of the features that comes with having your own personal profile in Alexa. Unfortunately, Amazon only allows you to have two members in your Alexa household. This currently allows my wife and I to switch between our profiles and play our personalized playlists and access our Alexa profiles. You would think that Sonos would allow you to sign into a different Alexa account when setting up a new sonos one. Does anyone know of a way to fix my issue and get this to work for my entire family?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You would need to create another Sonos account and then link your kids Sonos One to that Sonos account and their Amazon Alexa account.
Badge
If I chose to do that, would I be able to group all of our speakers and see them using my sonos conroller?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If I chose to do that, would I be able to group all of our speakers and see them using my sonos conroller?

No there would be two groups of speakers.