Question

Issues/bugs with Alexa

• 25 January 2018
  • 6 replies

I have recently bought Sonos for my apartment and for the most part I’ve been happy with it and think it’s great! However, I do experience a few bugs and what not.

My setup is as follows:
Living Room: 2x Sonos One + PlayBase
Kitchen: Sonos One
Bedroom: Sonos One
Music Service: Spotify

The bugs/issues I experience:

1. When playing music and I want to set a sleep timer, it doesn’t work even though Alexa acknowledges it.

2. I can’t get meditation skills to work. Either they won’t open and Alexa says ‘Something went wrong’ or the speakers just stay silent.

3. When I ask Alexa to play songs by X artist or latest album, it just plays one song. If I ask Alexa to skip the song, it will just play it again from the beginning.

4. When I ask Alexa to read a book from my kindle Alexa says the title of my book and then ‘Something went wrong’

5. When I ask Alexa to play different songs in multiple rooms it only works 1 out of 7 times or so. Mostly it will just stop music in one room and start in another.

6. When I ask Alexa to shuffle playlist and Alexa acknowledges my command it just continues down the playlist with no shuffle.

After the update, you made recently Alexa started behaving erratically and I had to do had complete factory reset by following the guide in this forum but I still experience these issues even after that but it fixed Alexa’s erratic behavior.

Feedback
It would be great if I had the option to turn off the sound the speakers make when I say Alexa and more control over the volume instead of just 1 to 10.

Thanks
Alexander

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Some more feedback
It would be really awesome if you could group your Sonos in Alexa app so you could tell her to play in that group (Kitchen + Living Room) in one command.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Alexander

Some of these issues are gaps in functionality rather than bugs.

1/ Gap - not yet supported
2/ Gap - not yet supported
3/ This is normally due to the type of Amazon subscription or a failure of the Amazon authorisation.
- What Spotify subscription do you have?
- Can you:
+ Disable the Sonos Skill;
+ Power down your Sonos players and re boot
+ Re-enable the Sonos Skill
4/ Gap - not yet supported
5/ Spotify will only allow a single stream via voice control, multiple songs across Sonos rooms need to be initiated via the Sonos app at present.
6/ Bug

Feedback 1 - Agreed
Feedback 2 - Agreed
Hi UKMedia

Thanks for your reply

3. I have spotify premium. I'll try your suggestion when i get home.
5. Weird that it works sometimes then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

5. Weird that it works sometimes then.

Probably only for one song.
Hi UKMedia

Your suggestion fixed my problem, thanks

Alexander
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi UKMedia

Your suggestion fixed my problem, thanks

Alexander

Great news, let us know if you have any more questions.