Answered

Is it possible to turn on my TV with the Beam via voice control?

• 3 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I have a TCL 43S515 TV that comes w/ Roku. Is it possible to use Alexa voice control on the Beam to turn it on? What settings do I need to change?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 3 October 2018, 15:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +2
Have you tried to say 'Alexa, turn on the TV'?
It works for me.
The Beam turns on TVs using the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) protocol. Unfortunately, TV manufacturers have not implemented all the features of CEC. For example, my TV will turn on, turn off under limited circumstances, but will not allow change of inputs. For TCL, I'm not exactly sure.

The only configuration you really need to do on your TV is enabling CEC control. The document below should help for your particular TV.

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/enabling-cec-on-your-tv-for-beam-6810049

System Settings Menu > Select Control Other Devices (CEC). > Turn on HDMI ARC. > Turn on System Audio Control.
Alternatively, go to System Settings Menu > Select Control Other Devices (CEC) > Turn on System Audio Control.