Answered

Individual Volume Control

• 28 September 2023
  • 1 reply

I have 6 Sonos speakers in 4 different rooms as well as 2 units outside that I use to listen to the TV playing in the living room. After turning on the TV, I have to go the Sonos app and click on "Everywhere" in order to activate all the speakers. Each speaker is set to the volume that is best used in that space. For years after my Sonos was installed, I could tell Alexa to change the volume on the Sonos in the room I was in, and as long as the other speakers did not hear the command, they did not change volume. A while ago, after working with Sonos techs on an unrelated problem, I was no longer able to do this. When I tell Alexa to change the volume in one room, it changes all the speakers. If I am washing dishes and want to quickly change volume to hear something, I now have to dry my hands, go find my phone, open the app, get to the right location, and manually change that speaker's individual volume. I have spoken to Sonos and was told it must have been a feature that disappeared during an update. Is this true? If so, THIS IS A REAL INCONVENIENCE!

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 28 September 2023, 14:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @leppie , welcome to Sonos Community!

I had a colleague test this out for me as I do not use Amazon Alexa, and for him it is working just like yours did previously. I’m not quite sure about this feature disappearing after an update.

Please have a look at the following Support Article Alexa commands not working on Sonos and more specifically the below point which will refresh the connection between your Sonos and the Amazon Alexa cloud:

Re-enable the Sonos skill

Open the Alexa app and tap on the More menu in the bottom right. Tap on Skills & Games → Your Skills → Sonos → Disable Skill. Once disabled, tap on Enable Skill.

If this does not resolve your issue, try completely removing Amazon Alexa from Sonos, following the instructions on Advanced Fixes in the Support Article.

That should do the work, if not or if you find yourself stuck at any point, feel free to contact Sonos Support for live guidance.

I hope this helps.