Answered

Incorrect time zone

• 22 October 2017
  • 6 replies

When asked “Alexa what time is it?” my newly installed Sonos smart one replies incorrectly for the UK I.e. 8 hours ago whereas all of my other amazon Alexa devices reply with the correct UK time. How do I change that?
icon

Best answer by DiverHP 23 October 2017, 14:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
In your Alexa Device settings (in the Alexa App) you can specify the TimeZone, Location, temperature units etc. Mine works just fine in the UK.
I do seem to get a longer delay for Alexa to respond than my other Alexa-enabled devices, and ALexa has a North American accent, unlike the British accent all the other devices have.
Thank you, done that and after a "slight" delay she is now telling me the correct time 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge
I managed to change Alexa's accent to British by changing the wake-up word from "Alexa (US)" to "Alexa (UK)" in settings.
Userlevel 2
Thank you thank you thank you

(oh and btw for me Alexa was already British, but the timezone thing was really irritating, I'd already encountered it when using Reverb and didn't know it could be set correctly)
Hi, I just purchased a Sonos One and I have set the time in the Sonos and Alexa app to Central European time but when asking Alexa the time it is giving me the UK time. My Amazon prime account is in the UK. Anyone know a fix?
Hi, I just purchased a Sonos One and I have set the time in the Sonos and Alexa app to Central European time but when asking Alexa the time it is giving me the UK time. My Amazon prime account is in the UK. Anyone know a fix?

I have now managed to make it work. I disabled and enabled Sonos in the Alexa app and re entered the time zone and address details.