Question

In Stereo Play:1’s and Alexa

• 12 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Can Amazon Echo connect and control a stereo paired set of Play:1’s

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes. It uses the room name you have set them up in in Sonos. So if that room is a stereo pair or a single speaker it works in the same way
I already have Echo gen.1 in my kitchen. I plan to purchase a pair of either Play:1 or Play:3, paired to play stereo sound, for the living room...
So, if I put an Echo Dot in the Living room I will be able to voice-control what I play through Amazon Alexa and there would be no need to use Sonos application?
...Except to set up my accounts for Spotify, XMsirius, pandora, Amazon music etc on both Sonos and Alexa?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can only have Alexa play radio stations, music from Amazon or music from Spotify through Sonos. I believe those are the only 2 music services currently catered for (that Alexa can search, fins and play through Sonos).

Also. Alexa cannot play items in "My Music" - Though Alexa can continue an existing queue which might contain items on your music or even another music service (other than Spotify or Amazon). Alexa can then skip or pause or go back on that queue.
SiriusXM is also controllable from Alexa. As is Pandora and iHeart Radio. Pandora is limited to stations at this time.