iHeartRadio New Zealand

• 25 June 2018
  • 9 replies

Can anybody tell me why Alexa doesn't recognise I Heart Radio NZ stations even though I have favourites saved? It keeps going to US stations. Is this not available in New Zealand yet? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Denise. Are you specifying to play IHeartRadio New Zealand?
Hi Edward Yes, I am saying for example play IHeart Radio New Zealand The Edge. Has been selecting overseas stations?
Any ideas?
Are you able to access the content without the use of Alexa? For instance, if you search in Sonos for the radio station, does it come up?
Hi Keith I have I Heart Radio App on my phone but as you suggested I have now gone into Sonos App, Add Music Services, add IHeart Radio, & say I already have an account. It gives me an authorisation code says congrats you've added I Heart Radio but then when I tap 'done' I get an error message 'unable to add IHeart Radio account'. I tried about 3 or 4 times. :?
I did not ask you to add iHeartRadio back. I asked if you can access "The Edge" radio station in the Sonos app, as opposed to using Alexa to start playback. When you go to Browse in the Sonos app, do you not already see iHeartRadio? That would be a great explanation for why you can't listen to iHeartFavorites on Sonos. 😛

If you already have iHeartRadio on the Sonos Controller (look in the "Browse" tab): See if you can find and play the specified radio station. I am unable to locate any content from New Zealand on iHeartRadio when I log into my account, however, I am in the US and it could be region locked. At this point, it may be best to give our support technicians a call to get a closer look at what is going on.
I appreciate your help. All I can see in Browse if Radio by TuneIn. I did wonder if it is region locked. Alex will paly IHeart Radio but seems only US Stations. I will contact tech.
I don't know if Denise resolved her issues - but I have the same problem. I have iHeartRadio available on my sonos app, and can play all the NZ stations I want to play. However, I can not get any of them to play when I give my Sonos One the instruction "Play Newstalk ZB from iHeartRadio on Bedroom". I have tried "from iHeartRadio New Zealand" and other combinations, and each time it says that it can't find that station.
I don't know if Denise resolved her issues - but I have the same problem. I have iHeartRadio available on my sonos app, and can play all the NZ stations I want to play. However, I can not get any of them to play when I give my Sonos One the instruction "Play Newstalk ZB from iHeartRadio on Bedroom". I have tried "from iHeartRadio New Zealand" and other combinations, and each time it says that it can't find that station.
Hi Wanarunna

Below is the latest reply I had from Sonos support. Unfortunately, I've been swamped with work and haven't had time to follow the instructions. Let me know if you have any luck. It's so frustrating when you purchase something & end up having these issues. I also have trouble with Alexa recognising my playlists from Spotify which is equally frustrating!!

Hello Denise,

Thanks for getting back to us. At this point we'd like to change gears a bit to see if a different approach helps at all.

Please start by opening the Alexa app and go to Settings > Music & Media > iHeart Radio. Do you see your iHeart account as setup and linked correctly? After that, go back to Settings > Music & Media > Choose Default Music Services (you may need to scroll down to see that option). Is iHeart properly configured there?
If that doesn't help, please remove and then re-add Alexa to Sonos by following these steps:

1. In the Alexa app, go to Settings > Skills > Your Skills and remove/disable the Sonos skill.
2. In the Sonos app, go to More > Settings > Room Settings > Sonos One Room > Amazon Alexa and follow the steps to remove it.
3. Disconnect power from your WiFi router and Sonos One speaker for 30 seconds. It will usually take 2-5 minutes for the network and system to come online again.
4. In Sonos, go to More > Voice Services > Amazon Alexa and follow the prompts.