I love the press and hold the Play/Pause button feature.

• 25 October 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 58 replies
Press and hold the Play/Pause button on a player to group it with the last active room.

This makes up for not being able to group rooms via Alexa.(Although I still hope it's added) If I walk into a room that isn't part of my group I just hold the Play/Pause button down and its added to the group. Don't have to find my phone or open the App. Works great!

I use it a lot if I'm watching TV and walk into the kitchen to do something. Press the button and you're grouped.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I've found this very helpful as well, especially if you don't happen to be carrying a controller device around with you!
As someone who almost never used the hard buttons before, the (controversial, I know) Mute to Pause change and this newest feature have me actually using the hard buttons more and more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Glad you guys are enjoying, I love this one too, been using it a lot at home.

If you didn't know, another feature of the press and hold is that it can be used to move music to another room.

1. Stop playing music in a room.
2. Press and hold the play/pause on another player.
3. The queue or source will move to the unit you held the button for and start playing. (The players won't group together though).

Don't forget that if you start playing music in another room between steps 1 and 2 you'll wind up grouping with that room instead of moving the stopped music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Nice. Is this documented anywhere?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Nice. Is this documented anywhere?
Good question. It should be on this FAQ, but looks like it isn't yet. The feature was just added with 8.0. I'll let them know so they can add it.

I'll see about adding it to the announcement post here too.
The feature was just added with 8.0. I'll let them know so they can add it.

I'll see about adding it to the announcement post here too.

Yes, that would be good. I thought I had missed reading about this interesting feature and was wondering how others had dug it out.
Nice, now that I have played with this. If a player is playing music, the button press on another adds it to the group. If play has been stopped, the button press on another unit will have the music playing there independently; presumably of the last player in the home that was playing music.
A question: approx how many seconds to hold for this to register? I ask because the results seem to happen only on release. I could experiment and find out of course, but...:-).