Answered

I cannot add my new Sonos One to Alexa group with Echo devices

• 6 February 2022
  • 5 replies

I just got new Sonos One devices and trying to add my first one to a “Downstairs” group that contains an Amazon Echo Dot (oder model) and an Echo Plus (also, not newest model).  The Sonos One shows as incompatible.  When I remove the echo devices from the group and add the Sonos One, then the echo devices show as incompatible.

I did add the Sonos skill and followed all those steps.  I also disabled and then re-enabled the skill several times.  I made the Sonos one a preferred speaker for the “Downstairs group” but it just accepts the command but does not play on it when the other (echo) downstairs speakers are playing.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 February 2022, 07:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos speakers can be in the same smart home group as Echo devices in the Alexa app, but a Sonos speaker cannot be grouped with Echo devices to play the same music at the same time.

Thank you for your answer GuitarSuperstar.  So, if I’m understanding correctly, then there’s no way to have Sonos One play music at the same time as my Echo speakers through the Alexa app, is that correct?  Sounds like I may have to return them and buy the lesser Echo speaker then….

Userlevel 7

Thank you for your answer GuitarSuperstar.  So, if I’m understanding correctly, then there’s no way to have Sonos One play music at the same time as my Echo speakers through the Alexa app, is that correct?  Sounds like I may have to return them and buy the lesser Echo speaker then….

Yes, this is correct.

Sonos speakers can be added to the same smart home group as Echo devices via the Alexa app or on the web, but they cannot be grouped to play the same music at the same time.

Sonos speakers can be joined to the same smart home group as Echo devices using the Alexa app or the *** web *** but they can't play the same music at the same time.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*