Answered

I can't find the Sonos Skill in Alexa App

• 5 October 2017
  • 11 replies

Is the Sonos Skill available now? Can't seem to find it but with all the how to's and comments it sounds like it should be.
icon

Best answer by BWizzle 5 October 2017, 12:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Yes its available. Search by Sonos then scroll to the bottom of the list. Not sure why it doesnt filter to the top of the list.
Only available in US, UK, and Germany.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Only available in US, UK, and Germany.

I live in Sweden and I can see the skill
Working in Dublin, Ireland too 😃
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Yes its available. Search by Sonos then scroll to the bottom of the list. Not sure why it doesnt filter to the top of the list.
Well, your sorting options will decide that.

For what it's worth, when I opened the app today it was the first app listed under "Alexa, what are your new skills".

I live in Sweden and I can see the skill

Sonos will have no control over whether Amazon lets you actually use Alexa from your location. It's good to be aware that if you aren't in one of those three locations the risk is high it won't work.
If you change the skills search filter from featured to relevance it brings it to the top of the results.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Working in Dublin, Ireland too :D
Noel Dublin, sorry for asking the obvious. You've been able to enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and have been controlling your Sonos from Alexa? I'm also in Dublin and when I clicked Enable in the Alexa app on my iPhone I just got a blank screen instead of the screen where I would enter my Sonos account details. My Sonos account has an Irish address. Thanks for any hints you can give. I'd love to get this working.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Actually since I sent the question above I have been able to enable the Sonos skill by using the desktop version of Alexa instead of the iPhone app. Desktop version is at http://Amazon.co.uk. This was after a suggestion from Amazon Customer Service.

Now I have to figure out where to position the Echo Dot. It seems to be too close to the Sonos speaker as it's not hearing my voice when music is playing on the Sonos. Problems, problems ......
Userlevel 2
I live in Canada, had been using an echo dot bought in the US, with Sonos skill available and installed about a month ago. Problem is that since I removed the skill (having the intention of reinstalling it shortly after to see if the "ducking bug" would still cause an issue), it is no longer in the list.

It probably has something to do with the fact that Alexa is just about to be launched in Canada, so my Amazon account (can log on to both .com and .ca), is now displaying Canadian only skills which doesn't include the Sonos one.

If someone has a suggestion/work around, please advise.
When will the Sonos skill be available in India? I can’t use play1s with the dot because of this reason
Userlevel 2
Badge
[EDIT: Problem solved, it seems that you need to go to your Amazon.com profile page and look for registered devices, make sure that your 'settings tab' displays the US, UK or Germany else it does not know where you are registered, even if you had set this up in the Alexa settings app. Very confusing, but this did the trick for me, I do have to setup everything again on the echo.dot, but that is just a few minutes work.]

[EDIT: I also use a US VPN connection so that the alexa settings page does not know i am on a Dutch IP address]

So the weird thing is... one month ago I had the Sonos Smart Skill working in the Netherlands using an international Echo dot version of Amazon.de. For some reasons I had to reset my echo.dot and now I do not seem to be able to activate the Sonos skill anymore, instead i receive this message: "You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions."

Anyone that has seen this before? My alexa is setup with a US address, my Sonos registration in the profile is also set to a US address.

Really strange as it DID work before. I could use voice control comments such as "Alexa, play artist *** in Kitchen (play5) and it worked flawlessly... suddenly it stopped working and i tried to reset the Sonos skill by disabling and enabling again, however now I cannot get to the skill anymore or the skill gives me this not eligible message for my country...