Answered

How to have Alexa only play on 1 speaker

• 18 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I just factory reset my two Sonos 1 speakers. I installed Alexa on one of them, and Sonos voice control on the other. For the one with Sonos voice control, I don’t want it to play Alexa music when the other speaker is doing so - but they always both seem to play the music when Alexa is triggered, even though she is not on the second speaker.

When I go into the app and look at that speaker, Alexa is not installed as a voice control, only Sonos is. Yet it still plays. How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 November 2023, 23:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Say which Sonos ‘room’ you want it to play on when giving the command. Make sure your speakers aren’t ’grouped’, or stereo paired. 

Ah, okay that makes sense and they aren’t stereo paired. Is this the only way? It used to work that way before I reset them, as if Alexa was separate on each speaker.

Not sure. It seems unlikely that the Sonos processing  receipt of data from the service changed, but the service may have changed their commands sent to Sonos.