How to disable Spotify Autoplay with Alexa

• 10 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi all,

I have been using Sonos with Alexa and Spotify for ages now.

When I say "Alexa, play Stairway to heaven", it plays it just fine on my Echo, then stops. (no autoplay)

When I say "Alexa, play Stairway to Heaven in the Family Room" (I have a Sonos called family room, but this happens on any of my Sonos devices), it plays Stairway to Heaven fine on my FR Sonos, but then continues to Autoplay songs after that. For some reason, when I control the Sonos through Alexa/Spotify, it controls Spotify with the autoplay feature on. I have disabled Autoplay on Spotify on both mobile and desktop.

Again, when using the same exact command to play on the Echo, it does it great. Only when it plays on the Sonos does it play more random songs, which is extremely annoying.

How can I disable Autoplay when using Alexa to launch a Spotify song on my Sonos? Again, everything is configured properly and the Sonos skill works fine. Just have to turn off autoplay.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yes please. How??!!