Question

how to change alexa account

• 3 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi I’m having real trouble changing my amazon Alexa account on my Sonos one speaker to another.

Even though I have de-registered the device in the account I want to disable it from! I have also signed out of all of the apps and web pages associated to that account and entered the new account details into Sonos, however it will continue to register itself against the old amazon account. it’s worth mentioning I have followed the instructions on this site and that hasn’t worked either. 

It’s driving me crazy!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Please can you carry out these steps:

1/ Power down the Sonos One - otherwise Alexa will automatically add this to the current Alexa account after you complete the next step;

2/ Open the Alexa app for the old account and select Devices, scroll down and remove the Sonos One from the account;

3/ Disable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App>Skills>My Skills;

4/ Log out of all Amazon accounts on your device;

5/ Log on to the Alexa App for your new Amazon Account and Enable the Sonos skill;

6/ Power on your Sonos One and ask Alexa to discover devices - either through the App or via another Alexa device;

7/ Open the Sonos App>Settings>Services>>Voice>Amazon Alexa and ensure that your Sonos device is shown as Enabled.

Please let us know how you get on. :)