Answered

How do I stop Alexa from shuffling my Spotify playlists?

• 19 February 2018
  • 3 replies

I have three Alexa devices. An original Echo, Dot Gen2, and a Sonos One. I haven't had issues before, but since this morning when I ask to play my Spotify playlists, the echo automatically shuffles my playlists. Before, it would just play my music in order, but now it just shuffles every time. Even if I turn shuffle off either by voice or with the app, and say "Alexa, play My Rotation playlist" it still responds by shuffling the music. I tried on all three devices and same result. I even unlinked my Spotify account and re-linked it but that didn't change anything except now Alexa won't recognize my playlists at all. I think it just needs time to resync.
icon

Best answer by WutDaFunk 20 February 2018, 00:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, WutDaFunk. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Does this only happen when you initiate playback from Alexa or does this also happen when you initiate playback from Sonos? Thanks for clarifying!
Hi there, WutDaFunk. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Does this only happen when you initiate playback from Alexa or does this also happen when you initiate playback from Sonos? Thanks for clarifying!It was with Alexa but the problem seemed to have fixed itself! I didn't know how to delete this post, sorry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No need! Thanks for keeping us up to date, glad to hear it's been sorted. Should you run into another problem, feel free to reach out. We are happy to help.