How do I send a RotateSecret directive to my device?

Badge

I am looking to implement secret rotate functionality into my device that has Alexa built in. In order to test this I need to somehow trigger Amazon to send the rotate secret directive to the device with a new secret. This is an existing and fielded product, but I am new to developing on it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You've completely lost me. Does your question have a relation to Sonos? 

This isn’t really a question for Sonos  or this community.  I would direct your question at an Alexa related forum.

But, my guess is that you’re going to want to create your own Alexa skill, or use an existing generic one if someone already created a skill to rotate secrets.  I know some folks here have created their own skills, so they may be able to help a bit, but certainly there is information out that there with Alexa support and forums.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you talking about secret key rotation? I cannot think of any area of either Sonos or Alexa that requires key rotation to be performed.

On Azure services, sure, its a PITA but required sometimes, and probably AWS too.

Are you talking about secret key rotation? I cannot think of any area of either Sonos or Alexa that requires key rotation to be performed.

On Azure services, sure, its a PITA but required sometimes, and probably AWS too.

I assume that the secret key was for some other device or service.  The request was about using Alexa voice control to make the command to rotate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Still lost…..:-)