How do I play a RADIO station on Spotify

• 18 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
When I want to hear a RADIO station that I created on Ppandora, all I say is , "Alexa, play Andrew Belle Radio from Pandora on Office". Bam, it plays that radio station. When I use this same statement for Spotify, replacing the word Pandora with Spotify of course, it plays music BY Andrew Belle and not the RADIO station. I want to hear the station or channel with music LIKE Andrew Bell, not just a bunch of music BY Andrew Belle.

Is there some word with Spotify other than RADIO or CHANNEL that I am not using or is this just not possible with Spotify?

Many thanks,
Houston

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Unfortunately the Spotify Alexa skill doesn't yet support the playing of Spotify Radio, which is a real shame as this is my most coming method of listening. I have to start the Artist Radio playing on the app and then use voice control for control afterwards. Hopefully this will be added soon...
It seems like that it is hard to play a Spotify radio station on Sonos. But there is still a way you can enjoy your own Spotify Radio Stations on Sonos.
Play Spotify radio on Sonos speaker, you should know that you are subscribing Spotify Premium plan now. Otherwise, you are unable to listen to Radio Station on Sonos.
As for the detailed tutorial to play Spotify radio station on Sonos, you can refer to this source page: How to Play Music from Spotify on Sonos, even you are using free Spotify account, you can read on this article to find the possible way to do it. 🆒
As others have said Spotify doesn't offer Alexa support for Radio yet. Please VOTE for it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Amazon-Echo-Radio-Support-Alexa-Stations-i-e-Artist-Radio/idi-p/4680106

VOTE! At the moment this idea doesn't have enough love and will be removed by Spotify unless you vote. 😞