Question

How do I make Sonos CONNECT discoverable in Alexa

• 26 December 2017
  • 7 replies

I have several Sonos CONNECT boxes that control speakers in my home. How do I make these discoverable in the Alexa App so I can direct Alexa to play music in various rooms of my house. I have a second home that has Sonos PLAY1 speakers and Alexa is able to discover these but not the CONNECT.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Go into alexa app and install the Sonos skill
I've done that but only my Sonos Play1 speakers are listed. I have 8 Sonos Connect boxes for various rooms in my home and none of them are listed in the Sonos Skills Device list. Do I need to push buttons on the Sonos Connect box (speaker symbol and + ) to make the box discoverable while the Alexa Skills is searching for Sonos signals?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Once you enable the skill it should find Sonos speakers by asking Alexa to discover devices or kick off from alexa app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No it will auto discover no button pushing. If not finding maybe reboot router.
Im having similar troubles i have enabled the sonos skill then tried to discover devices but no devices are found???
I have the same issue. Sonos Connect works great, Echo works great, but Alexa App can't discover the Sonos Connect. Anyone out there have any suggestions? My Connect is connected to my network via ethernet. We have no problem controlling it with phones, iPads and computer. LATE UPDATE - got everything working! Key was to use name of Sonos controller when making request to Alexa. 'Takes a little getting used to, but it works well.
I have the similar issue here. I changed the name of one of my device's in Sonos but then it was not linking to my smarthings nor Alexa app. So I deleted the device in smarthings and Alexa. However I am unable to now discover the new device name. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling apps and rebooting the Sonos device in question. The other device is fine and if I delete this other device and rediscover Alexa discovers it. I'm not sure how to connect my second device back to Alexa or smarthings. Can someone please help.