Headspace medition with Alexa on my Sonos Beam

• 7 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
Headspace is now supported on Sonos with Alexa but I am experiencing a bug where when I finish a meditation from a pack, it doesn't mark it as completed in the Headspace app. So the next day, it will play the same meditation again instead of the next one in the pack. I have to open the Headspace app and forward to the next one.

Anybody else is experiencing this issue? I got in touch with Headspace support and they told me it was probably a problem with Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, pomartel. Thanks for posting. In this case, Sonos acts as a speaker and microphone for Alexa and nothing else. Since you would be using the Amazon Alexa skill, have you tried this with any other Alexa devices? I'd be curious to find out if this is something that is not working for any Alexa device.
Badge
Yeah, I'm guessing this might be a problem related with the Alexa API for third party devices.

I don't own an Alexa Echo but from what I heard from Headspace, it's working fine on them. And it doesn't seem that Headspace supporting Sonos or other third party speakers is a priority.

But I just wanted to confirm that I'm not the only one with this issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understandable. I'll keep an eye on this topic and let the team know should more reports of this come up. Thanks!