Answered

Have Alexa play on Sonos Playbar + Sonos Alexa enabled

• 23 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Hey!

I have a Sonos play 1 + playbar + sub + Sonos new Alexa enables Play One.. how can I ask Alexa to play on my playbar and Alexa at the same time?

My playbar is connected through Sonos one so it’s on the network.... what’s the best way for this?
icon

Best answer by Chris 23 November 2018, 13:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You have your Play One - if you play via Alexa on the Play One then go under rooms (and group the Playbar with the Play One) Both will then be playing the Play One Alexa music.
Hi! We’re close... so my Sonos One is in my bathroom where most of music commands come from my kitchen which is a new Alexa

Are you saying if I simply group my Sonos One and Playbar together then request a song on my Alexa (separate from Sonos One) it’ll still play on playbar and Alexa and Sonos one?
What’s the best way to REQUEST MUSIC FROM ALEXA > Playbar + Alexa for audio playback
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can play music to playbar by telling any alexa in house by example - Play Bruno Mars in “name of the playbar zone”

So if your playbar is called kitchen you would tell any alexa around house “Play Bruno Mars in kitchen”

You do need to make sure you don’t name alexa devices and Sonos units thensame name as it gets confused.

I call all my Alexa’s like “room kitchen” and my Sonos “kitchen”
Ok... so do I create the zones in the Alexa app v Sonos I’d assume ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ok... so do I create the zones in the Alexa app v Sonos I’d assume ?

Hi

Just to clarify, you can't group Sonos players and non Sonos speakers together in either the Sonos or Alexa apps. All Sonos grouping must be done in the Sonos app but you CAN control your Sonos from any Alexa device.