Question

Has an update been released?

• 17 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Just found Alexa on my echo Dot can now control Spotify on my Play:1

Has an update just been released to Alexa or Sonos as I don’t think I’ve seen any announcements and the Alexa skill still indicates Beta

Has anyone else found this to be working and has anyone had any success getting room groups to work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +1
Found an answer to my question https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343?_ga=2.88198235.1323854460.1510695544-725517697.1497985102

Looks like it’s now available and it’s brilliant!
Yep I can start Spotify now as well using voice .... really good
Was surprised too after randomly trying it out.

“Alexa, play today’s top hits on lounge.”

A little bit buggy at the start but stabilizes after a few seconds of buffer.
Spotify is working for me too.

I started up an Amazon subscription just to use the Alexa integration, Spotify is still active. Yesterday I got Alexa to play "Michael Buble Christmas" worked fine from Amazon Music, today I requested the same and she said she couldn't find it. SO I asked "Play Michael Buble" to try and catch her out. She played a Buble track and the second track was a Buble Christmas one!! Checked the Sonos app to see what was going on and it indicated Spotify as the source!!!

Now how to prioritise one service over the other.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Now how to prioritise one service over the other.

Go to Alexa app -> settings -> music & media and choose default music service