I've had my first Sonos One for a couple of months now and I'm deciding to part ways with Sonos entirely.
There are just too many cons to the few pros for me.
I thought I'd provide some of my feedback:
+ Great sound quality - best in its class in my opinion
+ Great build, looks elegant and sleek
- Proprietary Sonos app for iOS is complete junk
Can't scrub songs i.e. skip forward
Need to save favourites to the Sonos app and then they don't reflect in the music service
Can't play the previous song when using the Google Play service
- Can't cast from native apps of Sonos supported services like Google Play (this seems to be an iOS thing)
- "Can't connect to device" when I'm more than 5m away from it even though my wifi signal is max
- No Bluetooth, which I can get over, but when a friend want's to play some music, then it's a complete waste of time getting them into the eco-system
- No mini-jack input
- Alexa is not supported in my country (South Africa), but it seems like I'm not missing anything after reading some of the reviews on this forum
Peace out Sonos, it's been mediocre.