Question

Going back to TV sound through Alexa

• 15 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to tell the Sonos One Alexa to stop playing music and go back to the TV sound? I just purchased 2 Play Ones and loving them so far! I have been able to tell Alexa to stop playing the music, but do I always have to go back to the Sonos app to get sound through my TV again? I have the Playbar, Sub, and 2 Ones.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I don't think that the voice command feature currently controls switching of inputs.
Sorry, wasn't quite done replying. You could try using "auto-play" and switch channels, which should "re-energize" the optical cable going to the PLAYBAR, and cause it to switch for you. I just don't think it's possible yet with a voice command.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I have mine set to autoplay and it does not work. Not sure why Alexa does not turn tv sound back on once you are done listening to something else. Seems like a pain.
Badge +3
I have assistant setup and a few scripts for sonos. One of them is to have Alexa switch back to tv.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have mine set to autoplay and it does not work. Not sure why Alexa does not turn tv sound back on once you are done listening to something else. Seems like a pain.

Try power down your Playbar for about 10 secs then power back on and retest, Autoplay works for me.