Answered

global player not working over Alexa

• 15 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, The Global radio stations have stopped playing on my Sonos 1 when I ask Alexa.  Through either Global player or Tunein.  Radio 1 fine.   I have disabled skills in Sonos app and Alexa app and still not working.  
does anyone have any ideas please?  Save my tired fingers from doing it via the Sonos app ;-)

thanks

nick 

icon

Best answer by nwhelan 28 May 2020, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @nwhelan,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out with your playback question. 

Do you mean that you disabled the Global player skill on Alexa or have you removed the service from your Sonos app?

Be sure that the Global music service is added to Sonos and that the skill is enabled on Alexa but if there are specific “station skills” that they are disabled within Alexa. If Radio 1, for example has a its own skill it should be removed from Alexa. 

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app if you are still having difficulty playing back through Alexa and be sure to include the confirmation number in your response.   

Hi, all working now.