German Echo dot 2

• 11 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Chromatic Producer I
  • 56 replies
Hello! I have a problem with my german echo dot 2. I live in Switzerland. I try to configure my echo dot with my computer because Alexa app for ios is not available in my country. It's not possible to have the english language. I must change settings to german. If I dont' do that the skills are not available... It's a big problem because I don't speak a word of german.. I have another problem too. If I try to configurate in german it's ok i see the Sonos skill but i have a message when I click the button "Enable" : "Unable to open new browser window. Please make sure popus are enabled in your browser". I have Firefox and I have "disactivate" Adblock. Please can you help me? Thanks in addvance... Just another thing : If I configurate the Sonos skill in german is it possible to turn back the language in english when the skill is configurate..??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Just in case if you've not already found a work around. I have similar preference. Below is what worked for me.
1. Added Sonos skill while keeping the language German.
2. After successful completion of step 1 I changed echo dot's language to English. It complained suggesting this may lead to pronunciation errors etc. I ignored it and went ahead. That's it!

Enjoy the experience.