Question

Frustrating start to Sonos skill for Alexa on the new Sonos One

• 24 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Have got my new Sonos One but set up was super challenging and I cannot get the Sonos Alexa Skill to work. I can get Alexa to "play jazz in the kitchen" but cannot get her to "Play Adele". If I search for Adele through Amazon Music on Sonos Controller all works perfectly but if I ask Alex to "play Adele" she tells me "Your Amazon Music Marketplace is not configured correctly for this device"......GRRRRR super frustrating!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Now I can see the potential problem she is logging into my UK amazon account and not my USA one where my amazon prime account is. I cannot seem to get the Alexa App to change to the USA store to log into my account there.
Geez. I have a similar problem. Is nobody from Sonos helping here??
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Geez. I have a similar problem. Is nobody from Sonos helping here??

Can you go through the actions I've listed in the answer in this post and let us know if you hit a problem with any steps.
https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Badge
Far easier just typing what you want than using stupid assistants so gimmicky.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Far easier just typing what you want than using stupid assistants so gimmicky.

??