Answered

Follow-up mode withdrawn

• 15 December 2019
  • 10 replies

Having gone through a week-long Email conversation with Sonos I have now been told that the Alexa follow-on mode has been removed. I can see that there have been a number of issues with this feature. Can anyone confirm that it is no longer available? I am in the U.K. (if that makes any difference). It is also interesting that the list of device settings for the Sonos is very limited compared to the same on my Alexa Dot 😬

icon

Best answer by kernowkenn 31 December 2019, 16:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

I still have this option on my Beam, Move and Sonos One.  Are you looking in the Alexa App>Settings>Device Settings>[Select your Sonos One, Beam or Move]

Yes, the feature is still there. (I’m also from UK). 👍

Thanks. That’s interesting. If I select my Sonos One and go to device settings in the Alexa App (all upgraded to latest software version) all I see is Connected Via - Sonos, Description - Sonos player in Sonos One, Type - Speaker, Enabled - Yes. All other non-Alexa speakers show the same options and all speakers are running via a Sonos Boost. Amazon Alexa is enabled . I would appreciate any other suggestions. Many thanks.

Thanks. That’s interesting. If I select my Sonos One and go to device settings in the Alexa App (all upgraded to latest software version) all I see is Connected Via - Sonos, Description - Sonos player in Sonos One, Type - Speaker, Enabled - Yes. All other non-Alexa speakers show the same options and all speakers are running via a Sonos Boost. Amazon Alexa is enabled . I would appreciate any other suggestions. Many thanks.

Follow the path given in UKMedia's post ...Alexa App>Settings>Device Settings>[Select your Sonos One]

Hi Ken. Yes thank you. I have tried exactly as UKMedia suggested but only get the standard settings as described above. I have two Sonos Ones and I do not see any other settings when selected in the Alexa App (iPad).

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I wonder if this is an iOS issue. Are you able to check on a browser or Android?

Just to say it’s  on my iPad running latest Alexa App… screenshot attached.

Just checked my iPhone XR, it’s also working fine on there too. The OP should be seeing the Alexa hardware component device of the Sonos speaker embedded inside the speaker device itself when the Alexa Voice Assistant is added to the speaker. I’m just wondering if the OP may have deleted their device, perhaps thinking it was a duplicate entry in the Alexa device list?

...just as a thought ?

Hi Ken. Sorry but Christmas got in the way. Strangely the ‘pages’ in the Alexa App (latest version) running on my iPhone XR look different to yours - no follow-up option. After some messing about I managed to access Alexa on the web. Not very user friendly but there was a switch for follow-on and it does appear to work. Thanks again for your help. Maybe you should work for Sonos as their helpline is pretty useless 😆 Kenn

Kenn,

Strange that the same iPhone XR is displaying things differently … here is my setup info:

• I’m based in the UK  
  • Sonos & Amazon online profiles are both set to U.K. 
  • iOS version on iPhone is 13.3 model is MRY92B/A
  • Amazon Alexa App is App version 2.2.309845 and Client version 1.24.206711.0 

Just check you have the same versions as above. Perhaps consider logging out the Amazon Alexa App and log back in again to see if that will update things.

Consider removing the Sonos Skill and all Sonos devices from Amazon online and from within the Alexa App and also deleting the online sharing agreement in the online ‘Login with Amazon’ section here... https://www.amazon.co.uk/ap/adam?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=ya_mb_login_with_amazon

This is probably an Amazon issue, rather than a Sonos issue, but let’s see if we can find out why your Alexa App is missing this feature.