Question

Flash briefing wont stop from Alexa, only from S2 app

• 19 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 16 replies

I’m having issues with the flash/news briefing in Alexa. I ask it to play the news, which works but if I ask it to stop, it won’t. Music stops, podcasts stop, radio stations stop but voice commands for news briefings won’t work. I have to physically  stop it in the app or touch the play/pause button on the speaker. 

I have tried disabling/enabling the Sonos skill but this hasn’t fixed it.

Any help would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @GraPC.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Can you submit a Diagnostic Report for us to see if there something going on with the network?

Try to remove/add the Alexa account in the Sonos app.

Here are also some commands with Amazon Alexa.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Mark P 

I have submitted the diagnostic report. The reference number is 814928254.

I have tried to remove the account and add it back, but doesn't seem to change it.

Something I have noticed which I don't know if it's related, is in the Sonos app it says the Sonos skill is not enabled. When I go to the Alexa app, it shows it is enabled? Do you think this could be the cause?

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Mark P 

I have noticed that flash briefings from TuneIn can be stopped with Alexa voice commands but the rest do not. If I disable all the other flash briefing skills then playing the news works as normal, but I am limited to two skills which are the BBC from TuneIn skills; which is not ideal.

Thanks

I’m having a similar issue. Alexa will play the flash briefing on the S1 but once she starts I can’t control her. I have to walk to another room and say to the dot in that room, “Alexa stop in the bathroom.”  
That makes her skip to the next story. I have to do that until she gets to the end of the briefing to make her stop. 
It worked fine until a month ago. I didn’t change anything in the set up. 
I did the whole removal of the account and skills and relinked everything a few days ago as that is what seems to be advised as a first step but it hasn’t helped. It is extremely annoying. This is my first Sonos item. The sound is great but I wish I’d just hooked up a dot to the old tivoli radio I had in there to make it smart as right now my smart speaker is quite dumb.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@TiffanyS @Mark P Mine appears to have corrected itself and is now working as it should.

I think my issue was related to the Sonos skill not being fully enabled. In my Sonos app under settings>services & voices>voice>Amazon Alexa was showing with an error message. It said it was not enabled but if I clicked on it it took me to the Alexa skill store, which showed the Sonos skill was enabled. This is no longer showing with an error message in the Sonos app so something has changed.

I couldn’t tell you how it has worked but all I did was disabled/enabled the skill a few times, turned off flash briefings, turned it back on, removed and added the flash briefing skills a few times. I then gave up as only TuneIn skills worked so I left it at that for a day but now its working. Not sure if I fixed it or if something happened in the background.

Hope you get yours sorted too.