Answered

Flash briefing plays only first source in my list

• 30 November 2017
  • 5 replies

On my echo's, flash briefing cycles through BBC, NPR, NewYorkTimes,CNN,Daily202 and others. When I say "what is my flash briefing" or "what's new" to my Sonos, I get only the first item in my sequence...BBC. Then it thinks it is done. Does Sonos support of flash briefing allow more than one source? Or am I having a problem other Sonos One users aren't seeing?
icon

Best answer by wallygeeva 30 November 2017, 19:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hello there, wallygeeva. Thanks for reaching out to the Community. You should certainly be able to have flash briefings from multiple sources. In situations like this, we have a quick procedure which resolves most Alexa issues.

1.) Forget all Sonos devices by navigating to alexa.amazon.com then going to Smart Home> Devices
2.) Remove the Sonos skill from the Alexa app
3.) Reboot all Sonos players in the household
4.) Re-enable the Sonos skill for Alexa

Let us know if you find this helpful, or what happens after going through these steps. Thanks again in advance!
I followed your steps 1-4. Sonos eventually "found" it's Alexa intelligence (this is a very complicated process by the way). Anyway, now when I ask for my flash briefing, I get "here's your flash briefing...pause...something went wrong." Hope it fixes itself by tomorrow morning when I wake up...
wallygeeva: Understood. Thanks for giving that a shot. If you have a few moments to spare, we have technicians who can walk through the troubleshooting process with you in real time over the phone. Our contact information can be found here. Thanks again for your patience.
Sorry, I meant to get back to you this morning. When I tried "flash briefing" again 8 hours later (when i got up), it worked! Perhaps it just needed some time to sort itself out? Anyway, thanks for the quick response(s)...and I think it's a great product!
No worries at all. Glad to hear its working again. Let us know should you run into another problem like this again!