Answered

Fire TV Cube and Sonos Beam Gen 2 issues.

• 17 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have an issue which I thought I had sorted out last night by reading a really helpful post on the community.

This morning a related issue but different outcome had presented itself.

Basically I was getting no sound through the soundbar so turned off the HDMI-CEC controller in settings on the FireTV Cube audio visual settings.

When I turned on the TV this morning I had sound through the surround speakers, no sound through the beam and sound through the TV speakers.

The only way to fix it was to unplug the HDMI lead from the FireTV Cube, turn the beam off and then back on and plug the cube HDMI back in.

After a couple of minutes the sound disappeared again so I turned the Beam off for 5 minutes and since I turned it back on there has been sound.

This has happened a number of times since I installed the Cube on Thursday but there must be a technical reason for this.

Can anyone offer any advice please.

icon

Best answer by Laguna8 24 July 2022, 01:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

What devices are cabled to the TV besides the FireTV Cube? If there are others, try switching off CEC on those devices too.. also ensure you have "TV Autoplay” enabled in the Beam’s room settings in ’Settings/System’ in the Sonos App - if it is ‘ON’ then try toggling the switch ‘OFF’ and ‘ON’ again. See if that sorts it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have 3 devices:

Fire TV Cube

Sonos Beam

Virgin 360 TV Box

It is a Panasonic TV and I have had issues with CEC settings before but cannot find a means to adjust it on the TV which is a pain.

I have 3 devices:

Fire TV Cube

Sonos Beam

Virgin 360 TV Box

It is a Panasonic TV and I have had issues with CEC settings before but cannot find a means to adjust it on the TV which is a pain.

I assume you cannot switch off CEC on the 360 box, at least it wasn’t possible to do that on their older V6 TiVo box, but maybe simply try it on a different HDMI input and see if that assists.. you could add a CEC-less adapter too, but I would do that only as a last resort. 

Maybe check the Panasonic site for any TV firmware updates.

Also did you check/toggle the TV Autoplay feature too?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Panasonic are hopeless when it comes to Technical Support.

They are very insular and I have never closed out a question of a technical nature with them.

I did toggle the TV Autoplay feature, and you are right about the TV 360 box there isn’t a way to switch of CEC.

I have things working at the moment and hopefully by trawling the internet I may find a solution.

@Laguna8

As you are unable to switch off CEC on the VM 360 box, there are these adapters that can be inserted between the device and TV to stop any problems and block CEC… so that’s an option if you perhaps find the 360 is the ‘culprit’ and attempting to steal the focus away from the Arc…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female-Black/dp/B00DL48KVI

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks Ken

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Ken

I bought the CEC less adapter, plugged it into the FireTV cube port and so far no sound issues at all.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the solution 

Hi Ken

I bought the CEC less adapter, plugged it into the FireTV cube port and so far no sound issues at all.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the solution 

Thanks for posting back - hope it works for you.🤞