Answered

Fire Cube and Sonos Alexa Hierarchy

• 10 July 2018
  • 1 reply

I recently added the Fire Cube to my home setup that consists of Sonos Ones and Play:1s through out. It seems that the Fire Cube takes over when using Alexa and channels all of the audio output through it's small speaker. When asking to play music, it attempts to start Spotify through the cube, utilizing the TV. Aside from renaming the Fire Cube's Alexa function, what else could I do to get it revert to the Sonos as the primary audio source?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 10 July 2018, 20:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The Fire TV Cube has a setting to give it priority over other Alexa devices. Meaning that if the Cube and One both hear you, it will decide that Cube should respond as I understand it. I remember seeing this setting when I set up my cube. I don't see it in the Alexa app, so I'm pretty sure it's on the Cube's settings itself.

FYI, I don't have a Sonos One, but I do have an Echo Show and Cube in the same room. I opted to set up the cube with the wake word 'Echo' so that there's no doubt about which unit I want to speak to. Once you get the cube though I can speak to my the Show (Alexa) or any other echo to turn on/off the tv. I have the Show linked to the cube as a fire tv, so fire tv functions work with either unit in that room. The only commands I need to give to the echo specifically are changing inputs, cable channels and volume....all things I prefer using the remote for most of the time anyway.