Answered

Features not available on Sonos Beam

• 17 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Got my beam yesterday , and easy to set up , all working including Alexa .....or so I thought !!!! There are a lot of features and settings not available on Alexa with the Beam , I can't change sound settings , and other settings , also when trying to make a call using Alexa on the beam it says it is not supported on this device , Have I done something wrong in set up , or is this a cut down version of Alexa ?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 17 July 2018, 17:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I don't think you've done anything wrong with your setup. Sound settings isn't a supported feature, and neither is calling. Regarding calling, it's a feature of Echos, not 'Alexa enabled deviced'. So you cannot make phone calls on non-amazon alexa devices, and even some Amazon products like fire tv and the fire tablets.
Thanks Melvimbe for your reply , I am now wondering if this will be the same if and when Google home is enabled as I use that for making calls as well . I have weak muscles have difficulty holding phone , so find these functions very handy , looks like I am going to have to disable the beam Alexa when making a call and use my echo. I was hoping not to have to duplicate the devices .
I'm hoping that it will work with google home, but no one knows yet at this point.

Regarding your Beam and echo, you might want to consider changing the wake word on your echo so that you can have both ithe echo and beam on in the same room and talk to each one separately. I currently do this with an echo show and a fire tv cube, since they have slightly different features...no issues.
OK , good idea , many thanks for your constructive comments .