Feature Request: Duck audio when input is TV

• 17 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have a couple of Sonos devices with Alexa built-in for the Living Room, however because not all features are supported yet (drop-in, guard, communications) I also have an Echo Dot in the room too which also seems to be more reliable in terms of understanding my voice. When I ask Alexa something whilst listening to music the volume drops (ducks) on my Sonos devices so that the Echo Dot can hear me - however when the input is TV the volume doesn't duck and it can sometimes be difficult for the Echo Dot to hear me over the TV.

If I have the mics turned on with the Alexa-enabled Sonos device the volume does duck, however, due to the reasons above I’d prefer to use my Echo Dot.

Is there any chance Sonos can adjust the behaviour with ducking please (or at least give users the option) to support users like me?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mayhew132 

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve tagged this post so it will be seen by the right team for consideration.