False triggers of Alexa on Sonos?

• 31 October 2017
  • 7 replies

This is rather annoying. Periodically, I will hear a chime from my Sonos One without saying the trigger word `Alexa`. This may be because I've placed the device right next to the TV. Is there any way to mitigate these false triggers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Badge
I have this issue too. Please fix it.
This happens to my wife all the time when she is talking. To the point she wants to turn off the voice control. I hope they fix it soon
Same here with my new Sonos Beam .. Alexa triggers randomly even when no one is speaking, it drives me nut ! I don't get this problem with my amazon echo but the Beam...
I am having the same problem with my Sonos Beam. In the Alexa app history nothing shows up, so I have no idea what words might have triggered it.
When it happens again and there is nothing showing in the Alexa App History, I would submit a diagnostic to Sonos and then speak to them on Twitter with the diagnostic reference number. At the moment no one is supplying them the evidence-data that they would need to even begin to try to resolve this issue...

See the links below:

Submit Sonos System Diagnostics.
Contact Sonos Support via Twitter.
I've had the Beam for just over a month and it's just started false triggering.
The chime is bad enough but as it is a soundbar it almost mutes the TV volume.

If it carries on false triggering I'll just turn the mic off, delete the alexa skill and just use it for what I originally bought it for!!.